Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Three Cheers For the Order of Darkness

I'm back from my holiday and straight into some gaming. The first game to grab me (while I wait for a faster internet connection to tackle more serious World of Warcraft content) is Blood Bowl Legendary Edition, an American football-like game set in Games Workshop's Warhammer Fantasy universe and based on their old but popular miniatures game of Blood Bowl.

As a fan of the miniatures game from when I played it in univesity, the most promising mode for me looks to be the Campaign mode using the turn-based rules. I've created a team based on the miniatures I had many years ago: The Order of Darkness, a Necromantic team of zombies, ghouls, werewolves and flesh golems.

Order of Darkness

After 15 games, I've won 11, drawn 2 and lost 2. I've won 2 cups but have just suffered the death of my star ghoul. Things seem quite easy at the moment even at the hardest difficulty level and I fear that as my team gains even more experience, the weakness of the AI might make it too easy. But I'm enjoying the game enough to continue playing to try win the major cup, the Blood Bowl. Expect a full review then.

No comments:

Post a Comment