Monday, August 22, 2011

Lucky for Some

After doing the Molten Front dailies every day on my main since the release of WoW patch 4.2 (Firelands), I've obtained the reward mount, the Flameward Hippogryph, and the meta-achievement title, the Flamebreaker, and am now sick and tired of these damn quests. I was hoping to get the companion pet random drop, a Searing Scorchling baby fire elemental (5% chance each day from a full set of dailies). But alas, randomness hasn't favoured me and I'll let this one pass me by.

So between dungeons, I've been playing more on my alts. Jahger, my Worgen Hunter spotted a rare (combat) pet introduced with this patch - Ban'thalos, an owl-like Spirit Beast flying high up around the entrance to the Molten Front. The tactic I used to tame it was to fly up directly from a tree, shoot Ban'thalos, land on top of the tree for minimal falling damage, immediately lay a freezing trap and then begin taming. Result: one awesome looking Hunter's pet.

Ban'thalos

Felqast, a level 80 Blood Elf Warlock, is my highest level character on a friend's server and I used him to give a couple low-level dungeon boosts for my friend's Hunter. The level 45 knick-knacks are of little interest to me, but I was happily surprised by the drop off the last boss of Stratholme - a 1% rare drop, Lord Rivendare's steed, Deathcharger. My Warlock is now the proud rider of this much-prized undead horse.

Deathcharger

Luck averages out in the long-term - here I'm more than happy to give up the Searing Scorchling for Ban'thalos and Deathcharger!

No comments:

Post a Comment