Monday, November 15, 2010

My Trials Begin

So last week was mostly spent finishing off classic adventure game Beneath a Steel Sky (free on gog.com). Overall I had to dip into the hints from UHS about half a dozen times - there are some very frustrating bits. A general hint for those who want to give it a try: if the way to proceed isn't obvious, examine everything and talk to everyone again as the game's state can change pretty subtly after solving unrelated puzzles. Oh, and show everything you can to Joey, your little robot friend. Even if it doesn't help you, he's got the best dialogue in the game.

Overall it wasn't as amazing a game as I expected, with my thoughts on what they could do in the setting outreaching the tech capabilities and genre conventions of the time ... but did I mention it was free?

Friday had me progressing in Guitar Hero's Quest mode and trying out the character's special powers in the Quickplay+. The highlight was getting the 22nd highest score for Queen's Fat Bottomed Girls :)

Fat Bottomed Girls - 22nd

Now with my disappointment in Titan Quest behind me, a friend of mine who knows I enjoyed World of Warcraft, suggested I give Aion and Guild Wars a go. Both have free demos (though Aion's is invite only for some reason) and so I signed up for both so I could do...

Aion vs Guild Wars

Report back due when the trials have expired for both games.

No comments:

Post a Comment