Sunday, October 17, 2010

Titan Quest

My Egyptian game of Civ 5 continues - and even though there's far fewer units in play than previous Civ games, it still takes quite long to wage war, especially when you're trying to document the whole thing ;)

I've also started playing Titan Quest again for something different. I played it a long time ago when the Gold Edition first came out, but never finished it. It's an action RPG in the same style as Diablo 2. You create a single character, a warrior in Ancient Greece, who fights hordes of mythic enemies in a quest to save the land. There are 9 masteries available, which are basically class skill trees, and a character can choose any 2 masteries. The character I've created is a Battlemage which combines Warfare (melee combat) and Earth magic (fire and stone abilities).


So far I'm level 13 and still in Greece, and according to the oracle at Delphi, I still have to go to Egypt and the east. Will I finish it this time through? It's a fun distraction, but not compelling like Diablo 2 was, and I generally prefer heavy story-based RPGs over action RPGs anyway. I'll probably play to the end of the Greece section and see how I feel then.

Meanwhile, I've also got a Civ 5 game to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment