Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Jahger Conquers Outland

So my new Cataclysm character, Jahger the Worgen Hunter, has reached level 70 (the current level cap is 85). With the revamp of the content for levels 1-60, the content released for levels 60-70 in the first expansion is now the oldest content and the most annoying to do. However, the hunter having a pet allows you to tackle content normally designed for groups. So, to make things more interesting, I've gone out of my to tackle all the group quests I've come across. This culminated in my hard fought victory over the ferocious gronn, Durn the Hungerer.

Durn the Hungerer slain

Level 69 unlocks the top talent in your chosen talent tree, which as a Beast Mastery Hunter is the ability to tame exotic pets. I've started by getting the striking looking core hound, the Kurken, from the Draenei starter area. The unique buff it provides, Ancient Hysteria, is one of the strongest in the game - equivalent to the much vaunted Shaman ability Heroism/Bloodlust.

Jahger, level 50 hunter, with his new, unnamed, core hound

Unfortunately it looks like Survival is by far the best talent tree to take for the current endgame content at the moment, so I guess I'll just enjoy my Beast Mastery while leveling and ready myself for having to relearn the class when I hit 85. Until then, though, I have the frozen lands of Northrend and the new zones of Cataclysm to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment