Monday, March 7, 2011

The Blood Bowl Beckons and Other News

The Order of Darkness continues its progress and having won the Chaos Cup now has enough prestige to enter the greatest competition of them all, the Blood Bowl. Sporting a record of 43 wins, 3 losses and 3 draws and carrying a 20 match unbeaten run, I have one hand on the famed trophy already. Only problem is, some skeleton's chopped off the other hand! Star player (nearing on legendary), leading catcher and touchdown scorer, werewolf Simlarg Lowell was killed by a bloodthirsty Khemri team in the preliminary Chaos Cup games. I escaped with a scrappy 1-0 win there with less than half my players on the field in the end.

The Chaos Cup

Civilization 5 has received a new patch described as having made significant balance changes and AI improvements. I can't pretend I'm a Civ 5 strategic master, but I'm hoping for games where there are hard fought, evenly contested wars rather than the AI falling over whenever it doesn't have a huge numerical or technological superiority. I'll give the new patch a fair chance.

Finally, I haven't had a lot of time to spend on Jahger, my Cataclysm Worgen Hunter. But I've managed to do all the new level 80-85 5-man dungeons and acquire enough gear to do heroic dungeons. The new dungeons are all of a very high quality but they almost all have something about them that will annoy some people. My peeve is with Halls of Origination: it's fun with lots of boss fights and even some interesting trash but seems to be too long for the attention span of the average group assembled from the dungeon finder tool (I've only ever managed to finish it once).


Vashj'ir

As an aside, I've upgraded my internet connection and my earlier problems with Cataclysm lag and disconnections have mostly disappeared. It was likely this that caused the new undersea zone, Vashj'ir, to bug out on me as I have now started questing there with no problem. Since I'm max level, questing is mainly done for the gold and faction reputation rewards, but in the case of this zone, I'm just enjoying questing in a quite unique environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment